Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 7: 5 Things I've Learned Since Moving to Georgia


This is a bit different than the last few posts I've made on here, but it's been on my mind. See what I did there? 



1. The People are Friendlier Here.

People aren't in such a rush and will actually have conversations with you while checking out at a store.



2. Overalls in the Wild.

I can't count how many times I've seen people out in public wearing overalls.



3. "Bless Your Heart" Doesn't Mean What You Think it Means.

It's a gentle (not always) social put-down.



4. It's All About The BBQ

I didn't have real BBQ until I moved to Georgia. Nor did I realize that making it is a religion unto itself.



5. The 4th of July is Ridiculously Patriotic.

Even the church service I went to was over-the-top patriotic. God Bless America!



So there you have it! I really love Georgia and have been blessed to have called it home for a little over 2 years now.
    

No comments: