Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 17: Of Muppets and Such

Katie told me something before I left for work this morning that I haven’t been able to vanquish from my mind.


She said, “While you’re at work, if you get frustrated, just imagine everyone as Muppets”.


I don’t think she had any idea what a strange and wonderful impact these last few words would have on my day. No, I didn't get frustrated, but I still saw them. I can confirm that they are everywhere. They’re driving in cars, pumping gas, serving you at the store. And yes, they’re especially at work. With lab coats and beards and everything.


We've been watching a lot of 30 Rock lately. Maybe too much. There are some things that you cannot un-see.


In other news, while I was sitting down having lunch today something hit me. No, literally. Something actually hit me. It was a little white speck that melted as soon as it had settled on my skin. That’s right, snow. The first snow that I've seen this year. That’s something that I certainly love about living farther north of the equator.

Also, I don’t know if you can tell or not, but I had a bit too much coffee today. I was pretty tired when I woke up this morning, so I attempted to offset that with the magical roasted beans. However, the scales have clearly been tipped in caffeine’s favor.

No comments: