Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 12: Short but Swedish



Do you ever get a craving for IKEA meatballs? Well I do. I’m sitting here at my desk having lunch and that is all I can think about. Maybe it’s because it’s the food of my people.

If you’ve ever ventured into the Swedish maze of furniture, then you’ve probably had a plate of the gravy slathered meat spheres accompanied by mashed potatoes. If you want to do it right, you have to have a cup of lingonberry juice to go along with it.

They sell the frozen meatballs, mashed potatoes, and the gravy mix near where you check out at the store. Next time I make a trip there, I might need to pick some up for days like this. Because after getting the notion of IKEA meatballs in my head, this buffalo chicken soup just isn’t quite cutting it for me.

No comments: