Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 2: Plants, Plants, Everywhere!


My house is filled with plants. Wherever light streams through the windows they’re right there to catch it. 
One of my main annoyances with apartment living has always been the lack of yard to grow things in. I was constantly gardening when I lived in Florida. It was therapeutic, and I enjoyed the regiment and attention to detail involved with caring for plants. 
Since moving into our Georgian townhouse, I have become quite adept at indoor gardening. At first, indoor plants were entirely new to me. Now I have a wide variety of flora growing out of teapots, bird nests, old books, tiny wooden chests and other antique pieces. I am rewarded for my efforts by the unmatched freshness that permeates the air in our living space.

No comments: