Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 23: Our Tree House

 
After a long weekend of recovery, I ventured out in the cold and decided to go to work this morning. I’m feeling quite a bit better and I think taking it really easy during the weekend helped make that possible.

We’re moving at the end of next month so it’s time to start going through things around the house and deciding whether to pack them or donate them to charity. Katie and I are really going to miss our little town home and some of the memories that we've made here. We have been truly blessed that God provided us with such a great little place to spend our first couple years of marriage.

I love having a fireplace
I thought it was cool when we first started bringing our separate things into the house. It was amazing to see how well they all went together. It was a great visual representation of two separate lives and accumulated items being joined together as one cohesive new family. Katie and I both have a pretty similar sense of style too and we didn't really clash about how to arrange things. Well.....except for maybe when I tried to put giant framed photos of animals and a miniature scale replica of The City of Gondor in the bathrooms. When using the downstairs bathroom we still sometimes refer to it as “going to Gondor.”

The view from our porch
One thing that I've learned about Katie is that she loves to make things very cozy. She is a professional and it has inevitably rubbed off on me. We’ll have the fire glowing in the fireplace and candles strewn all around the house while music plays in the background. A steaming mug of tea or hot cocoa is always within arms reach and good books abound all throughout the house.

We love to share the coziness with other people too by having out-of-towners stay for the weekend or local friends come over for dinner and games.  

Even though we've made some really great memories, in this place above the lake and trees (we call it The Tree House), Katie and I will make wherever we go feel like home.

No comments: