Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 19: Under the Weather

I've been feeling a bit under the weather today. Have you ever wondered where that phrase came from? After coming home early from work in a daze brought on by sickness I thought about that, among other strange things. After doing some research, I found that most people agree that it was originally a nautical phrase. Whenever sailors were taken by seasickness, they would be sent down under the deck and away from the weather to recover. Under the weather. Go for it Flula.

So what did I do with my time since coming home early from work? I was Batman for a while and fought against Bane and the Joker’s henchmen, which coincidentally turned out to be very loud (and vulgar) British children. The online component to Batman: Arkham Origins is quite compelling though. 

I got into the open beta for Blizzard’s Hearthstone, which is brilliant by the way (like all Blizzard games). Played that for a while. When it comes out for IOS devices I will never get anything done again. I kind of half watched half listened to several nature documentaries available on Netflix. I also laid down on the couch with my iPod and caught up on my podcasts.

Nowadays there are so many things to help us rest up and pass the time while we are sick.



No comments: