Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 24: Let It Snow

Displaying photo 2.JPG


So a couple of weeks ago I saw a few flakes fall from the sky and I was quite amazed at the sight of them. Today however, the frozen sky opened up to release its frosty bounty of earth-bound flakes.
Displaying photo 1.JPG

Shoes are for babies
I found myself making all sorts of excuses to go to rooms in the building with a window and watch as the heavenly crystals fell to the ground. I even went outside a few times to take some photos of the snow-dusted surroundings.

Sure I’ve seen snow on the ground before in Washington and California, but I’ve never really seen it fall out of the sky like rain in slow motion. It's rather mesmerizing.

Around 2:30 work gave us the okay to head home. The drive back was kind of scary. There was ice all over and I saw at least 4 people slide off the road (I was able to stop and make sure that one elderly gentlemen was okay). But fortunately I made it back with only a minimal amount of skidding.
Displaying photo 3.JPG
It’s continuing to pour down as I write this. It really is a beautiful sight and it brightened up my day. Thank God for snow and I’m so glad that we get to experience this before we leave our little tree house!



No comments: