Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 26: Of Ice and Healthcare

The roads were a bit icy this morning and my car was still covered in snow and giant icicles, but I made it into work at the normal time without any major mishaps. Work was kind of crazy though. After being sick last week and missing a day and half this week because of the weather, I had a whole lot of stressful catching up to do.

When I got home today I was glad to see that the snow was still there to greet me. I spent an hour and a half on the phone being transferred from person to person trying to get some insurance stuff worked out. I've spent 6+ hours this week alone trying to get a hold of someone. However, because of the southern blizzard and the massive influx of applicants thanks to Obama Care, I have dedicated to memory the 5 classical pieces that blue cross blue shield plays when they put you on hold.

I had 2 mins left before I gave up for tonight when a young girl finally broke through the monotonous music to help me. It only took five minutes and I felt a huge surge of relief once that was over. I needed to talk to them before tomorrow (the end of the month), or else I would have been dropped from the plan for good. I think God is trying to teach me to be more patient.

No comments: