Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 55: Goodbye Treehouse

Displaying photo.JPG
With the rhythmic clicking of each set of breakers I bid our place farewell. I was reminded that the very first thing I did when I got the key to the tree house was to flip those breakers in the opposite direction. They hadn't been touched since then, so it seemed fitting that the first thing I did in the house was also the last thing. 

I thought about all of the happy and terrible things that had happened in the time between flipping those switches in two different directions. The house was now so empty and impersonal, but the smell reminded me of when I first passed the threshold with my things from Florida. It was the smell of freshly cleaned carpets, chemicals and unlivable vacancy. Sometimes it's sad to leave things or places behind. But if we never left our Hobbit holes, moisture farms or tree houses, then we'd miss out on further adventures.

Here's to new beginnings!

No comments: