Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 52: Games I'm Looking Forward to This Year

These are just a few games coming out this year that I'm excited about playing. I know there are some that I'm missing, but here they are in no particular order.

Destiny


I am a huge fan of Halo so when I heard that Bungie, Halo's original developer, was working on a next gen game I was hooked. What is it? It's a next gen massively multiplayer first person shooter. I love Bungie's art style and gameplay, so I can't wait to see what they are able to accomplish on the next gen systems and also with a new intellectual property.

Titanfall 

Titanfall is already being heralded as the Xbox One's killer app. I for one am saving up for an Xbox One in the near future for this particular game. With a fairly disappointing lineup, Titanfall might just be the title to sell the Xbox One before more great next gen games come out. I didn't play the beta, but from videos I've watched and conversations I've had it looks awesome.

The Elder Scrolls: Online

I have longtime been a fan of The Elder Scrolls series. It's depth, attention to detail, and numerous hours of gameplay have sucked me in with every iteration. One thing that has been obviously vacant from every game though, has been a multiplayer facet. Well The Elder Scrolls: Online is going to remedy that disservice to the franchise with an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) that takes places across many previously discovered lands. I love MMO's (even though they can take up too much time) and I think this one has the potential to be great.

Alien Isolation

With the exception of Alien vs Predator 2, I have been left extremely dissapointed with games based in the Alien universe. Maybe this one will be the same, but it looks like Alien Isolation might just break the mold set by it's predecessors. Isolation pits you against a single alien on a ship that is more authentic to the source material than anything seen on console or PC. The concept sounds good, but I want to see if it will live up to the hype surrounding it.


No comments: