Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 43: Movies I Want to See This Year

2013 was a great year for movies and 2014 looks like it might follow suit. So here's a list, in no particular order, of a few that I am looking forward to this year.

The Wind Rises

I love Hayao Miyazaki; he's one of my all-time favorite story tellers and 2002's Spirited Away still remains as my favorite film. I am excited to see his final project, The Wind Rises. The film is about Jiro Horikoshi, the inventor of the Japanese Zero during WWII. It was released last year in Japan and the US Disney release is do to hit theaters on the 21st of this month.

Muppets Most Wanted 
  

I was a little apprehensive about the 2011 move The Muppets. I didn't get my hopes up and was extremely pleased with the movie. Even if it made watching How i Met Your Mother different afterwards. I am really excited about the next Muppet movie, Muppets Most Wanted. It's being brought back by the same crew and it can't go wrong with Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey. I want to go to there. 

Godzilla

I really couldn't stand the version of Godzilla that featured Ferris Bueller. He should have just played sick instead of acting in that film. It left a bad taste in my mouth. However the reboot looks like it might stick closer to the original Japanese version that I love so much. Add Walter White in the mix and I'm in.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

I love the X-men movies, even the bad ones. So I'll probably go see this. Wait... Captain Picard and Mr Tumnus are in this? Gandalf and Michael Fassbender? Jennifer Lawrence too!?!? SOLD.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I know nothing about the original source material. Literally nothing. Well except that there is a talking raccoon. But it's a Marvel film and I'll watch all the Marvel films. 

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

I have really enjoyed the previous two Hobbit films and of course I am looking forward to the conclusion, even if I don't know how they could craft an entire film out of the remaining material. But hey if it just Benedict Cumberbatch talking for an hour, I'd go see that!

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I

I love the Hunger Games and I'm glad that they're splitting this last one into two films. Also it's being filmed here in Atlanta, so that's cool. Yeah I probably should read the book too. 


Of course there are many other films that look great, but these are the few that I know I'm going to see this year.



No comments: