Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 41: The Snowcation


Katie and I really enjoyed the time that we had off due to the second coming of the snowpocalypse. It was like a much needed and unexpected vacation. We sat back and watched the snow, caught up on TV shows, played some video games, talked to family and friends, read some books, and cooked great food. I think I caught the sickness Katie had during the downtime, so there was plenty of time to rest and take it easy.

When we finally ventured out to Kroger yesterday, some of the ice and snow had started melting. Going out was an adventure though as the roads were still a bit dangerous. Kroger was fairly busy and their stock had seen a fairly significant decline because of the treacherous conditions. We picked up all of the necessities and some nice things for dinner and went back to our little place.

I made it back to work this morning after not having been there since Monday night. The roads were a little icy and scary, but I made it without incident. Being back is strange though, because nobody else had been here and several people are also feeling a bit sick. It's nice though because it is Friday. 

The weekend is almost here and it's Valentines Day. I'm really looking forward to taking my bride out on the town tonight for a date at our favorite restaurant!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!       

No comments: