Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 56: The Oscars

Last year Katie and I had a little contest. After the oscar nominations were announced we printed a list of all the categories. We both picked the films that we thought were most likely to win in a given category and marked our initial next to it. Whoever predicted the most winners would be able to choose where to go out for dinner.

Last year was pretty close. I think I had one or two more than Katie but we both got about 70% right. I actually don’t remember where I decided for dinner with my winning choice, but it wasn't really about that. It was just about having a fun and friendly competition.

I think the oscars are fun, but also kind of silly. It seems like there's so much nepotism and power going on behind the scenes and a lot of times films that appealed to wider audiences go completely unnoticed. Most people have never even seen most of the nominations in a given year. But it is entertaining to watch and even though I usually haven’t seen most of the films that are nominated, I have watched many after the fact and enjoyed them.

So now that we're a day away from the oscars, it's time for us to once again choose our winners in the same manner and begin round 2.

The stakes have been raised this year. The winner chooses a restaurant for dinner as well as a movie to go see. 

May the odds be ever in our favor!

No comments: