Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 59: Oscar Recap

No it wasn't 12 Years a Slave or Gravity that won the oscars the other night, it was my wife. Her predictions beat mine by two points, so it looks like she gets to choose where to go for dinner and what movie to watch. There's always next year for me.

I was glad to see that Gravity won so many awards though, because it really is a great movie. Calling it a movie doesn't quite do it justice though because it's more of an experience than a film. It definitely deserved to win best special effects, because while I was watching it I had no idea that almost everything was CG. It was a wild ride, but I would highly recommend it.

Frozen of course deserved it's win for best animated film and the Oscar for best original song. Also the heartfelt acceptance from the husband and wife team that wrote it was definitely compelling to say the least. It brought on the feels.

So those were really the only two big films that I saw last year. But there are a few that were nominated that I would like to see now.

I've already spoken at length on this blog about how I can't help but see origin stories and sequels whenever I see actors in different films. Well, the Oscars really messes up my head. Whoa wait, was that Bruce Wayne sitting next to Sherlock? Did Han Solo really just shake Wolverine's hand?

I had some weird dreams after watching all of that....

No comments: