Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Death in The Family


My Grandma passed away at 5 AM on Sunday September 7th 2008.


Whenever a relative or somebody you know passes away our minds always tend to go back to the good memories that were shared with those people.

I have so many good memories of being with her especially when I was younger. Most of our relatives live on the other side of the country so it was always special whenever I got to see my grandparents. I used to love to sit in her lap when I was little and listen to her read to me. She had such a calming and loving voice whenever she read aloud. She was an amazing cook too and she took pleasure in serving other people. We could always count on a box full of her cookies during the holiday season and a hand written letter conveying how much she and grandpa missed us.

As I’ve mentioned before one of my favorite memories was during the 2000 Olympic Games when we’d all gather around the TV at their house and root for the American athletes. She would always go into the kitchen at around 10 o’clock and bring out bowls of ice cream for us kids and say “It’s never too late for Ice cream!”

My Grandma will always have a special place in my heart and her memory will live on.

-Dane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she meant a lot to you, my condolences to you and your family. I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry about this. I hope you and your family are doing better.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'll be keeping you and your family in prayer.